Pages

Monday 19 May 2014

Why can't mothers relax!?

Am I being totally sexist here? Do dads really worry as much about their children as mums? Ever? Even if they are a stay at home dad? (If you are I'd like to hear from you!)

I'm not feeling great today so thankfully the husband had decided to 'work from home' to 'help me out'. 

He took H to his crèche this morning, went to do a few work related things, and picked him up. Then hid in the study. This didn't really 'help me out'; so I shouted at him and then he took the kids out for a while. Great. Peace and quiet. 

So I am lying on the sofa 'resting' as we speak, (I tidied up the lunch carnage first) the trouble is I can't relax.  I tried snoozing with the tv on. No luck. Tried sleeping with a cat zonked out on my lap. No joy. I tried not to look at my phone. No way. I put the phone down, turned the tv off. Ahhh..BANG BANG came the hammering from next door...then the drilling. I attempted not to peek at the clock... She'll need her bottle soon. She'll need her bottle now. She'll be crying. Is there a toilet at the car wash? (Don't ask- H loves it!) H didn't go before he left. They'll both come back crying any minute. I'm sure he didn't take her bottle or changing bag with him. 

You see my point? Is daddy worrying? Probably only if they're screaming. Would daddy be worrying if mummy had taken the kids out? No bloody way! 

So tired.

I might try to get two minutes shut eye before the hungry, wet, crying kids come home! 

Happy parenting! 

4 comments:

  1. Love this post! I can never rest! Always worrying and always got to be doing something! Thanks for linking up to the #binylinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post reminds me very much of a conversation I had with a friend - she was saying when her husband is home on weekends she has to let him change their daughter's nappy etc so he feels a part of it - but he just doesn't know the way she likes things done, the way you do this and then this and so on, so the little girl cries and my friend tries her best not to step in and take over because he has to learn, and they have to learn to be father and daughter without mummy sometimes.
    Any way my point: no point worrying. She'll have a bottle, she won't have a bottle. H will go to the toilet or he'll pee in his pants and neither will be made any different by your worrying. Also the world will (probably) not end.
    Thanks for linking up with #WeekendBlogHop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mothers never relax. In this household, me, the mother, is here for all the serious stuff, making sure the kids are fed, watered, clean, happy and then play time comes. The OH is the fun one, the one that acts goofy.

    When the OH takes over from me, I feel like I need to give him a list of things he needs to remember. He rolls his eyes at me cause he knows and I know that he is fully capable of looking after them

    You see my point? Is daddy worrying? Probably only if they're screaming. Would daddy be worrying if mummy had taken the kids out? No bloody way! - This is me!!!!

    Thank you for linking up with the #WeekendBlogHop

    Laura x xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling better now!

    I have a worrying hubs which is both a blessing and a curse. I have a chronic illness so he worries when I take the kids out, as do I with him, we're both a big pile of anxiousness trying to make sure the other one is happy, safe and ok on top of the same for the kids! It can get a bit intense and sometimes we need to just CHILL. Luckily we're good at keeping the other grounded so although we're totally similar, we work really well in that respect (thank goodness or I think we'd go crazy!). #weekendbloghop

    ReplyDelete